Do you want to clear away the soil in your garden or yard? Well, there won’t be a better option than the best trenching shovels that are solid in many different designs. The sharp and pointed blade installed to the unit is catered for developing super clean trench walls. It also ensures the disruption of nearby soil can be minimized to a greater level.
Seeking the right shovel for the job is a pretty difficult task due to the availability of a solid range online. There won’t be any benefit of buying a unit that not offer effortless controlling and ease of use while penetrating the soil. If you are feeling a little bit confused about the selection process, we suggest reading the whole post properly. Here, we are going to talk about the list of top 10 best trenching shovels available to buy in 2020. Have a look at every model carefully as it will allow you to make the selection process quite easy.
- Best Trenching Shovels to Buy in 2020
- 10. Spear Head Spade Gardening Shovel (best for color selection)
- 9. AMES Companies The 47025 (best 5” trenching shovel)
- 8. Nupla Power Steel Western Scoop
- 7. AMES 2682700 Poly Scoop (best budget-friendly pick)
- 6. Ames 14-Inch True American Drain Spade
- 5. Bully Tools 92720 (best 4-inch trenching shovel)
- 4. Fiskars 46 Inch Steel D-handle (best garden trenching shovel)
- 3. Seymour S702 Fiberglass Trenching Shovel (best for comfortable gripping)
- 2. Truper 33436 Tru Pro California Trenching Shovel (runners up)
- 1. Corona SS 64104 Trench Shovel (editor’s choice)
- How to choose the best trenching shovel?
Best Trenching Shovels to Buy in 2020
10. Spear Head Spade Gardening Shovel (best for color selection)
We are starting the list with a top-quality unit that is available in a variety of colors. It includes teal, yellow, pink, purple, and green among others. This multi-patented tool helps in reducing your digging work for sure. There is a reinforced pultruded fiberglass handle attached to the unit that is stronger than the majority of options available in the market.
It has a lightweight design that makes sure lifting becomes easier and convenient. The addition of a more extended handle allows the users to have extra leverage for eliminating large plants along with digging holes deeply.
- Available in many beautiful colors
- Perfect for eliminating large plants
- Digs deep holes adequately
- Minimizes digging efforts to a greater level
- Little bit questions about the durability
9. AMES Companies The 47025 (best 5” trenching shovel)
The 47025 is a brilliantly crafted tool having a long wooden handle that allows you to dig quite more comfortably. It may weigh a little bit more when compared with the other models in the market, but the performance of this unit will win your heart for sure. There is a 180° foot pedal added by the manufacturer for proper grabbing of soil.
The biggest highlight of this model is the painless pushing system that assists in reaching holes adequately. It is a perfect unit that deserves your investment in every sense.
- Reach small areas conveniently
- Equipped with V-shaped steel blade for extra durability
- Easy to control handle
- Working without edge ripping
- Little bit bulky construction
8. Nupla Power Steel Western Scoop
The eighth product in the list is this ergonomically designed model that only not offers safety but also reduces fatigue as much as possible. The Nupla brand has crafted it in a closed D grip design that results in making pulling and pushing convenient.
This unit perfectly meets the highest performance ratings that ensure the users can handle power incredibly. Also, it comes with glass cores and a molded contoured jacket for the perfect experience.
- Causes minimum fatigue
- Give secure holding
- Capable of meeting highest performance ratings
- Designed ergonomically by manufacturer
- Handle build is a little bit average at its best
7. AMES 2682700 Poly Scoop (best budget-friendly pick)
Are you looking for a model that fits in your budget without hurting your pocket badly? Well, AMES 2682700 is the right unit to choose in that case thanks to its versatility and excellent ability. You can use on the farm as well as agriculture purposes. Leverage & control is guaranteed due to the large poly grip of this model.
Despite being a very affordable mode, you will find an excellent hardwood handle on this unit that boosts strength & durability for sure. This model can work for a variety of things that range from grain to soil & even stone adequately.
- Give perfect leverage & control
- Capable of lifting lots of stone & grains
- Work for a variety of purposes
- Budget-friendly option to buy
- Doesn’t come with a lifetime warranty
6. Ames 14-Inch True American Drain Spade
This brilliantly crafted unit is equipped with D-handle that ensures great control while digging or scooping the soil. The manufacturer has added a hardwood handle to the unit that provides you can enjoy flawless operation for many years to come. The presence of forwarding turned steps in the blade ensures secure foot placement.
Furthermore, digging the narrowest trenches becomes easier than ever with this superb unit. You can also transplant live trees and shrubs without performing too much effort with this unit.
- Works perfectly for cleaning dug ditches
- Equipped with a long blade for reaching tight locations
- Manufactured using a high-quality steel blade
- Perfectly accommodates gloved hands
- Little bit weaker plastic handle might be an issue
5. Bully Tools 92720 (best 4-inch trenching shovel)
The next product Bully Tools 92720 is a brilliant model that solves the needs of buyers who are looking for a 4-inch model adequately. It is manufactured using thick steel that allows even professionals to handle the shovel. There is a fiberglass exterior added to the shovel for the prevention of breakage and weakening. The company has provided its closed-back design to minimize the debris buildup.
It is delivered by the company with a limited lifetime warranty that very few models offer. The complete manufacturing operation done in the United States, so there is nothing to worry about quality and authenticity.
- Commercially grade American model
- Superb strength fiberglass handle
- Minimizes debris buildup to a higher level
- Delivered by a limited lifetime warranty
- Not ideal for trenching deeply
4. Fiskars 46 Inch Steel D-handle (best garden trenching shovel)
What about shopping a trenching shovel that continues serving your garden for a long time? This model from Fiskars can perform this job with ease for buyers. It provides incredible gripping that makes sure hand sores and cuts don’t happen on hands at all.
It is one of the best trenching shovels having sharpened blades for making penetration on deep soil easily. Additionally, you will get a lifetime warranty on this unit that is pretty amazing at this price.
- Works in both hands & diverse hand positions equally
- Perfect for slicing work
- Give ample gripping space
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- Slight misalignment after some years of use
3. Seymour S702 Fiberglass Trenching Shovel (best for comfortable gripping)
If your main focus while shopping a trenching shovel is comfort, then there is no way you are going to find a better option than Seymour S702. It is a quality model equipped with a long fiberglass handle along with a rounded-tip blade for convenient digging.
There are rear-rolled steps added to the blade whose main motive is to provide comfort during digging. Furthermore, the presence of Perma Grip collar makes sure the blade doesn’t lose from the handle. Overall, it is a supreme shovel that can perform its job with ease.
- Equipped with a cushion grip handle
- Easy to perform digging experience
- Conveniently perform the cleaning task
- Superb designing work
- Minor complaints about flexing in some cases
2. Truper 33436 Tru Pro California Trenching Shovel (runners up)
The second most magnificent option in the list is this trenching shovel that you can buy in a variety of sizes ranging from three to five inches blade width. It comes with a fiberglass handle that has minimal slippage allowing the users to drive easily into deep grounds. This unit will let you turn the blades in different angles adequately.
Unlike other models, it helps in digging a solid portion of soil in every go. There is a 14 gauge steel blade added to the unit that results in giving maximum durability to the operation. It is manufactured by Truper brand, so there is no need to worry about authenticity at all.
- Capable of pulling roots quickly
- Minimizes splintering
- Made using a high-quality steel blade
- Crafted by a reputed brand
- Customer response is pretty late
1. Corona SS 64104 Trench Shovel (editor’s choice)
The Corona SS 64104 is equipped with 4” blades that help in making penetration effective and convenient. You can use this model for a variety of digging applications without any problem. Backed by lifetime limited warranty, this unit has a very effective V-angled head for dealing with different soil types.
Apart from cleaning, this unit can quickly complete the digging process in style. Moreover, it is manufactured by the Corona brand that is one of the oldest brands in this business. That’s why you won’t have difficulty replacing parts of this unit when repaired needed.
- Equipped with a fatigue-reducing bumper system
- Pretty solid capacity
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Manufactured from a reputed brand
- Deep digging takes time
How to choose the best trenching shovel?
A trenching shovel will only work if it possesses the required set of features. Lots of people don’t take them seriously that hurts them in the long run. We want our users to be a smart consumer, and that’s why mentioning the factors that need to be checked carefully below:
You can find shovels in a variety of designs, but the thing that needs to be tested is what kind of material used in the manufacturing of its blade. We suggest the users go for the ones made using either steel or aluminum as they offer the required level of sturdiness. The ones made using plastic have low durability when compared with polythene.
- Blade Size
The next thing to make sure while shopping a trenching shovel is the size of the blade. It is usually bent by the manufacturer for ensuring convenient earth disturbance. Additionally, many models are either round-headed or flat-headed construction to make penetration effortless. Shop the size that suits your needs perfectly without causing any problem.
Blade Length & Width
If you are looking for the perfect accuracy & tact, we will suggest going with the model having a small blade. Moreover, it will make things easier to maneuver and assists in reaching the loose soil conveniently. Also, try to ensure that there is powder coating on the unit because it protects from the rough soil.
The next thing to ensure while shopping a trenching shovel is its weight. If you are one of those people who work for hours, then it will be better to use a lightweight model. On the other hand, the individuals who occasionally work for few minutes can go for the bulky model for sure.
The budget plays a significant role in the shopping of gardening equipment. Many people believe that investing money in costly models is the right thing to do, but it isn’t reality at all. You can find many good trenching shovels without paying too much money. Our team has added the products in different price ranges for ensuring that everyone found the right option as per their budget.
A trenching shovel is a convenient tool that works for a variety of people ranging from construction works to gardeners and even utility experts. There are many amazing designs of this top-class equipment available to shop in the market that can confuse anyone’s mind in a matter of minutes.
However, our team has made things easier by presenting a list of best trenching shovels that work for the buyers. Choose any of these models for enjoying a convincing experience. It will turn out to be an excellent investment to make for sure. Still any query regarding trenching equipment? If yes, please talk about it in the comment section.