The spontaneous and adventurous human being in you can never stop when adventure calls for you. However, some preparations must be taken if the plan you made requires you to stay outdoors for a long time. Apart from the sleeping arrangement, getting water is necessary. And some people just couldn’t live without taking a proper shower. So, a portable water heater is a product that will be your utmost requirement. It doesn’t need electricity to run and so, you can power it with the help of the battery.
In this article, we provide our readers with top portable water heater suggestions. Now, you do not have to do extra hard work as we have got the necessary information covered for you.
- List of Best Portable Water Heaters in 2022
- 10. Vinmax Portable Water Heater
- 9. Mr.Heater Portable Water Heater
- 8. Vevor Portable Water Heater
- 7. EZ 101 Portable Water Heater
- 6. Camp Chef Triton Portable Water Heater
- 5. ZODI Outback Gear Extreme SC Hot Shower
- 4. Camplux Water Heater
- 3. Eccotemp Portable Water Heater
- 2. Camplux Pro Portable Water Heater
- 1. Camplux BW211 10L Portable Water Heater
- What to consider while buying a portable water heater?
- What are some benefits of having a portable water heater?
List of Best Portable Water Heaters in 2022
10. Vinmax Portable Water Heater
The VInmax Tankless Water Heater is a perfect alternative for instant hot water. This is an easy to use, fantastic portable water heater style. It has an on and off switch and a manual knob to change the temperature of the water. Next, it uses a stainless steel igniter and therefore does not require electricity.
You can change the water temperature within a range of 50-75°C. It also runs on a stainless steel hose and even runs on liquid petroleum. This heater uses batteries so that it is easy to use in places without electricity. Without a doubt, this portable water heater is ideal for you.
- You can use it for a wide range of outdoor functions, such as washing your car, boat, shower, etc.
- One may also opt to add the portable water heater to a pressure washer to deliver better cleaning results.
- It has a power capacity of 110V and uses eco-friendly technology to reduce harmful emissions while using.
9. Mr.Heater Portable Water Heater
With Mr. Heater’s portable heater, you’ll get instant hot water when you turn it one. Driven by propane gas, this water heater is a great camping asset. Water flows at a rate of 1.18 gallons a minute. The water heater has a filter system that prevents debris from entering the pump for more extended output. Besides, this heater comes with a safety feature that allows the detection of excess hot water.
The hot water is then cut off to keep you safe from overheating. Next, it also has a portable digital shower display. This display helps you to monitor the levels of the battery and the temperature of the water.
- This battery-operated water heater comes with a full set of carrying bags, ac and dc adapters pump assembly and quick-connection showerheads.
- It will heat water to around 45°C within a few minutes.
- Also, a rechargeable battery is used to pump water. This battery will operate for around 40 minutes before recharging.
8. Vevor Portable Water Heater
It seems that Vevor is ready to share a table with the top dogs, judging by the excellence of a product like this. This is perfect to supply hot water on demand for cooking, dishwashing, and even for showers. It’s pretty easy to bring around because it weighs just 10.6 pounds. And every time you use it, it demonstrates outstanding results. It’s also got a fantastic minimalist style, which means it looks amazing.
What’s more, the product comes with a built-in sturdy handle, which suggests that the manufacturers did this with portability. Averagely, the showerhead provides 1.58 gallons of hot water per minute. Hence, it should be enough for people who use a heavy water heater. Besides, you can conveniently set up anything without any experience. Safety-wise, the product has many safety features. Amongst those one is that it is programmable to shut down as soon as the temperature rises above 75°C. Hence, avoids overheating and burns.
- This is effortless to move around because of how lightweight it is.
- It is a compact and tank-less portable water heater which saves much space.
- Certainly, has a 20-minute auto-shutoff timer to avoid overheating.
7. EZ 101 Portable Water Heater
A propane tank powers this water heater. It works with a tankless water heating system which ensures that the water gets proper heating. The benefit of this is that water will heat on a need-based basis only. Energy is saved, unlike heaters with storage tanks where unused hot water results in energy wastage. This role enables the heater to work efficiently depending on the external weather conditions. There is nothing as annoying as the flow of water that you cannot regulate.
Often we need a minimum flow and sometimes we need a high flow. And this heater helps us easily regulate the flow of water-based on our needs. Apart from the showers, you can also attach your water hose to other hot water applications.
- It has three knobs that regulate the level of flame, the flow of water, and weather selection.
- You can weather conditions between whether summer, winter or in between.
- During cold seasons, such as winter, the heater uses three burners to heat water. Hotter months, such as summer, allow only one burner to be lit, thereby conserving energy.
6. Camp Chef Triton Portable Water Heater
As suggested by the company name, the Camp Chef Water Heater is the ideal addition to your camping gear. This device will automatically supply hot water to you once the switch is on. It helps you change the temperature and flow of the water quickly; however, you like it. Comes with three separate shower settings, this product looks just like your standard home shower.
All you have to do is set the necessary mode. Using it is amazingly simple, you need to turn it on and water heats automatically. Also, for the ignition phase, you need just 2 D batteries.
- This heater has a capacity of 10 liters and an impressive capacity of 2.6 GPM.
- Although the device is a portable unit, it comes with mounting notches. Thus, giving you the option of installing it virtually anywhere you need it.
- With the support of a water hose, this unit can fill an outdoor pool. Plus, comes with its 8-foot hose and a garden hose adapter.
5. ZODI Outback Gear Extreme SC Hot Shower
This is a unique water heater with a cylindrical shape and a wide range of features. The outer stainless steel cover provides longevity and protection against rust. It comes with additional accessories, such as a container to store the heater and the stove. Hence, you get more value for your money.
There is a temperature strip on the surface that functions as a thermometer and shows the water’s current temperature. Finally, the heater has a shower holder and comes with a stove as well. It also has a vast storage capacity of around 3 gallons of water.
- This is ergonomically designed and perfect for outdoor camping trips.
- The outback even uses the BTU Burner to heat the bath. Water is heated to around 40°C in 5 to 10 minutes.
- Also comes with a long hose and a shower head that is well built and durable.
4. Camplux Water Heater
This Camplux hot water tank uses propane gas to heat the water. Hot water flow is instant when you turn on the heater. The heater requires shallow water pressure to work at approximately 0.4 PSI. You can even change the flow of water. The ignition runs on 2D lithium-ion batteries that are environmentally friendly.
Built with an oxygen depletion sensor, this heater is therefore ideal for indoor usage. However, ensure that the space in which it is to be used is well ventilated for good air circulation.
Finally, it’s easy to run this outdoor portable water heater. All you need to do is mount the water on the wall, make the appropriate connexions as instructed in the manual, and enjoy instant hot water.
- It can be attached to a garden hose and comes with two 1.5 inch garden hoses.
- Indeed, compact and has a folding handle, making it easy for outdoor use.
- The water capacity of this heater is 5 liters with a flow rate of 1.32 gallons per minute.
3. Eccotemp Portable Water Heater
Look no further than the EccotempWater Heater if you’re on a budget. It will provide you with optimum value for money. Apart from being extremely easy to use, this budget-friendly Eccotemp product has an excellent, compact design. Impressively, the water temperature and the flow of water are changeable with the help of the switches and the manual buttons built into the machine.
Furthermore, because it uses a stainless steel ignition, it does not require electricity for ignition. Besides, the water heater works at excellent pressure ranging from 20 to 80 PSI. You can also mount the water heater to a pressurized washer for superior cleaning efficiency. And since the water heater is working on the batteries, it is easy to use it in places with no electricity.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry around with your luggage.
- Features adjustable water temperatures so that you can choose the right amount of heat based on your needs.
- It is powered by liquid propane and works with a stainless steel hose. Hence, allows you to use it to wash your boat, your vehicle, and a wide range of functions.
2. Camplux Pro Portable Water Heater
Apart from being a renowned maker of tankless water heaters, Camplux is also renowned for its portable stoves, grills, and electric water heaters. One of their most recent creations, BD158, is a typical example of its remarkable commitment to excellence. With its ability to generate up to 1.58 gallons of hot water per minute, it even has a built-in showerhead. Hence, allows you to take a shower every time you’re outdoors, this device is the perfect camping water heater.
Given that, the heater burns up to 41,000 BTU per hour. Plus, it has an overall temperature increase of 75°C and a minimum temperature of 40°C
- Despite having a simplistic design, it delivers impressive performance.
- It comes with several performance-enhancing accessories. This includes a three-way shower head, a shower hose, two garden hoses, a water tape, a gas inlet connector, and a CSA-approved gas hose and regulator.
1. Camplux BW211 10L Portable Water Heater
If you want the best heater that runs on propane, then this Camplux model is just what you need. This model can be carried around with exceptional ease due to its construction. As a propane gas heater, you use as little energy as you can to heat your water. If you are on a family vacation, or you always fly with the need for hot water, you should consider this model. Any model intended for outdoor use must be portable, and that’s what you get with this model.
All sections of this model are CSA certified which means it is safe for you to use. Besides, it is also effortless to install.
- The Complex BW211 has a flow rate of 1.32 gallons per minute.
- You can use this heater with 2D batteries and without electricity.
- The model comes with the accessories you need for productive use, including a hose and a gas regulator.
What to consider while buying a portable water heater?
1. Energy Source:
Water heaters use a range of energy sources; some use electricity, while others use propane tanks. Gas and electricity can be used in a house while the propane tank is more suitable for outdoor use.
2. Water Capacity:
Different water heaters have different capacities. This usually ranges from 3 liters to more than 5 liters. If you know that you will always be using a heater, invest in a larger capacity tank.
When purchasing water heaters, always look at some of its safety features, eg., automatic shutdown timers. A timer usually powers portable water heaters, and after your heater has been on for about 20 minutes, they usually shut down. Such a safety feature can be fantastic, particularly if you tend to forget to turn off your heater. It can also go a long way to saving energy as the best camping water heater.
What are some benefits of having a portable water heater?
Although this is an obvious benefit, the compact nature of portable water heaters ensures that you can take them on your journeys. If you’re trying to use them in your leisure vehicle or build them in your mountain cabin, it will be much more comfortable than to install a permanent electrical water heater, which is also likely to be more expensive.
2. Energy savings:
You’ll most likely not have the privilege of power supply while you’re at a campsite. These heaters can work while needing minimal energy, making it easy to enjoy hot water without much trouble.
3. Easy Storage:
These portable water heaters are usually compact in size and can easily fit inside a room without taking up much space.
So, carry the solution to obtaining warm water whenever outside. The portable water heater bottle for travel will never let you suffer even when there is no electricity.