Wire stripping might not be a very challenging task, but it’s a very important one for electricians. The challenge with this is that you need to strip the wires quickly and if you work with multiple wires at once, that can be a bit difficult. With that in mind, we created a list for you to keep in mind. Here are some of the top things to consider. When you choose a wire stripping machine, you need to think about the manpower, convenience and quality.
- 10 Best Wire Stripping Machines A Complete Guide:
- 10. StripMeister Automatic Wire Stripping Machine (5-Pack)
- 9. BestEquip Cable Wire Stripping Machine
- 8. SST Industrial Wire Stripping Machine
- 7. Steel Dragon Tools WRA15 Benchtop Automatic
- 6. CO-Z Manual Wire Stripping Machine
- 5. BLUEROCK Tools Model MWS-808PMO
- 4. Yescom Electric Automatic
- 3. TOTOOL Handle Wire Stripping Machine
- 2. Manual Cable Wire Stripping Machine
- 1. Steel Dragon Tools WRA20 Automatic
10 Best Wire Stripping Machines A Complete Guide:
10. StripMeister Automatic Wire Stripping Machine (5-Pack)
They did a very good job with this industrial grade automatic wire stripper. It can go from the 18 gauge wire and up to 250 MCM, which is really impressive. They also have a free extra blade here. It’s easy to set up and use, very dependable and professional.
- Fully automatic
- Easy to assemble and use
- Numerous wire types supported
- Takes a bit to get used to
9. BestEquip Cable Wire Stripping Machine
This single phase 1/4HP 110V 60HZ unit is very powerful. It supports a wire gauge range from 0.06 to 0.098, which is really good. You can operate it with the drill driven or hand crank. Moreover, you can add it to any workstation, it’s very light and durable. You can even use copper wire after the single blade stripping. You will find it dependable, reliable and really good to use.
- Great for removing rubber insulation and plastic from the scrap wire
- Very easy to operate
- Can be mounted to any workstation
- Doesn’t work with large wires
8. SST Industrial Wire Stripping Machine
The full metal construction here is amazing and it works super nicely. Also, they have an adjustable wire guide and dedicated slots. The steel blade is always remaining sharp, no matter how many cuts you want to do. You have a supported wire range from 18 gauge and up to 300 MCM. It helps immensely and it brings in front of some nifty results every time.
- Very powerful tungsten blade
- Strips stranded and solid wires
- 3 years of warranty
- It will take a little to customize every wire size
7. Steel Dragon Tools WRA15 Benchtop Automatic
The wire stripping machine here can connect to a drill for very fast automatic wire stripping. But you can also use it manually with the crank included here. Its wire capacity here is 4 mm to 25 mm. You will find it very dependable, durable and useful.
- Easy to mount
- Can connect to a drill
- Supports all kinds of wires
- The design can be a bit better
6. CO-Z Manual Wire Stripping Machine
Right from the start, you will like the aluminum alloy construction and the simple operation or extra connection. It’s great if you want to recycle the copper wire and you can also remove the rubber and plastic insulation. It supports 1.5 mm to 25 mm wires.
- Easy to operate
- Suitable for fast recycling operations
- Aluminum alloy construction
- Not the best with thin wires
5. BLUEROCK Tools Model MWS-808PMO
In case you want a professional tool, this unit is the best out there. The clear, comprehensive design and 9 cutter channels, as well as 9 cutting blades, makes it very dependable in a variety of situations. It can cut up to 75 per minute. Definitely worth your money if you want a durable and reliable wire stripping machine.
- Great wire range
- 9 cutting blades
- Powerful and durable design
- The spring tension needs to be adjusted often
4. Yescom Electric Automatic
Here you get the amazing single phase 110V 50-60Hz 1/4HP induction motor. It can strip around 50 feet per minute which is great. You have 3 different sized feed holes for the best convenience and quality. The product is also designed with portability in mind and it’s an energy-saving unit too. Overall, it’s a great package.
- 3 size feed holes
- Powerful motor
- Energy saving
- Not the most durable
3. TOTOOL Handle Wire Stripping Machine
The 1.5-25 mm wire gauge range provided here is more than ok for the unit. You can do around 18 m per minute which is really good. The unit has an all-steel construction which makes it reliable and a pleasure to use. You can connect it to the drill if you want. And it also comes with accessories too.
- Great wire gauge range
- All steel construction
- Drill connection
- Small wires can be hard to feed
2. Manual Cable Wire Stripping Machine
The manual design is very good and they have a variety of different accessories in the package too. The product is designed to provide you with a very good, high quality user experience. It’s not very heavy, and you will find it incredibly useful and easy to use all the time. Well worth a try.
- Manual unit
- Lots of accessories
- Customization options
- Not for everyone, takes a bit of getting used to
1. Steel Dragon Tools WRA20 Automatic
You will like this product because it has every tool you need to make the experience more rewarding and fast. They have an automatic system for wire stripping, they also included an emergency stop button if needed. You can use it for sheath flat cables and round cables too. They have 4 cutting channels as well as a good wire capacity.
- Emergency stop button
- Great wire capacity
- 4 cutting channels
- Some customers complain about the customer service
All in all, we found these wire stripping machine to be very helpful and dependable. They are a pleasure to use and you will find them super nice and adaptable to any requirements. It might take a little bit of time to get used to some of them, and they are either automatic or manual. But in the end, you are always getting a really good value and that’s what matters!