10 Best Trim Routers in 2022
If you have a workshop at home or you do woodwork, then a trim router is a must for you. Perfect for cutting joineries, trimming edges or laminating countertops, a trim router comes with multiple advantages. So, it is very important to have one. You will certainly not face any sort of limitations while working with it. From speed to stability, these will not be an obstruction while working with it. This is certainly something that will be a pretty handy option.
Without any further delay, check the trim routers in Amazon that will not be a fake and beyond your expectations. So why not check all the options?
List of Best Trim Routers Review
10. Volltek Trim Router Tool
The Volltek Trim Router offers a power capacity of 6.5 amp and 1.2 HP motor. Interestingly, it comes with six adjustable speeds, from 10,000 to 32,000 RPM for various sorts of woodwork activity. The router comes with Palm router outputs and maintains constant power plus speed to give you clean and precise cuts, and also excellent control. Besides, it has a rack-and-pinion depth control system for accurate work in cm and mm. Apart from that, it has a quick-release cam lock for easy depth adjustment.
With the heavy-duty cast aluminium body, and a soft ergonomic grip you will find no struggle in handling it. In fact, it also reduces stress and also comes with a dust hood for connecting to a vacuum to help clean the workplace.
- A powerful machine which can work with any type of wood.
- You can even make height adjustments to make the needs more flexible.
- As it has a soft-starting motor, you do not have to worry about damaging its efficiency.
9. Makita Brushless Trim Router
The Makita Brushless Router provides for a fast and seamless woodwork experience. This router saves energy while also delivering powerful output to match torque and RPM depending on the application. The speed can change between 10,000 to 30,000 RPM depending on the type of work. Besides, you get the benefit of electronic speed control to maintain consistent speed, even while doing heavy-duty work.
Having the on/off buttons, you can operate is easily. And it even comes with other locking buttons to in order to avoid accidental device start-ups and provide extra security.
- As it features BL Brushless engine, you can be specific about your requirements.
- It is easy to use with different speed settings for different sort of woodwork with the help of a dial.
- The durability of the product lies in its construction. This has an aluminium body as well as a base.
8. Porter-Cable Trim Router
The Porter-Cable comes with an initial speed of 16,000 RPM and can be cranked up to 30,000 RPM if and when the need arises. The machine is very durable and can withstand intensive and long hours of usage. The firm, quick release lock clips allow for a quick motor release and depth control. Besides, the router comes with 5.6 amp and can deliver powerful output with minimum effort.
Finally, it has precision built, made with strong cast-aluminium fixed base for durability and stability. So, you can work with extreme flexibility.
- In order to achieve quick height adjustments accurately, you can work the depth ring accordingly.
- The spindle lock allows for single-wrench bit changes whenever the need arises.
- With a 3-years warranty period, you can change any defects in that time frame.
7. M18 fuel Compact Router
The M18 Router has a Powerstate Motor with high SPM to ensure clean cuts on the hardest of wood surfaces. There are minimum chances of malfunctions with the Redlink Intelligence software equipped with the router. As a result, helps in maintaining the consistency of speed and power consumption. It has speed settings starting at 10,000 RPM, all the way up to 30,000 RPM, giving you more control for precise woodwork.
Furthermore, the intense and precise LED light on the base helps to provide a clear line of sight while working.
- This is very ergonomically designed and allows for more natural and smooth handling.
- With its Macro Adjustment button, you can do fast adjustments to get precision in the work.
- It is cordless, hence allowing for maximum manoeuvrability without any resistance.
6. Makita RT0701C Compact Router
The Makita RT0701C enables for an easy-start feature for smooth start-ups and minimum recoil kicks. It also comes with accurate adjustment features enabling you to adjust the machine in relevance to your work. The body is slim and ergonomically designed for better control while working.
With the quick-lock release system, you will easily be able to mount the router, and also control depth. The electronic speed control maintains consistent speeds even on heavy use, and ensures smooth work, even on high torque settings. The torque ranges from 10,000 RPM, all the way up to 30,000 RPM.
- The motor frame is made of lightweight aluminium which reduces the chance of overheating.
- It has a visible base enabling for a clear line of sight while working.
- The shape factor is slim and ergonomic. It feels great and fits in hand very well, no matter the size of your hand.
5. Grizzly Industrial Trim Router
You cannot go wrong with the Grizzly Industrial Trim Routers. If you’re looking for a good quality wood trimmer on a budget, this is the choice for you. The Grizzly router weighs above 4 lbs and generates very little noise and vibrations while being used. It comes with a 1/4-inch diameter collet. However, it also accepts smaller router bits of diameters up to 1/8-inch.
The quick-release locks help in better depth control and installation while working. Like all Grizzly Products, this router also comes with a one-year warranty. Furthermore, it also comes with a micro-adjustable bearing guide. It is very durable for intense woodwork for long hours. Like all Grizzly Products, this router also comes with a one-year warranty.
- You can attain torque anywhere from 10,000 RPM, all the way up to 30,000 RPM.
- It comes with adjustable speed settings for a variety of woodwork.
- High-carbon steel body makes the device very durable and robust, even during intense work sessions.
4. Bosch Colt Router Tool
The Bosch Colt features a power capacity of 5.6 amp and offers 1.0 HP for a powerful and smooth experience while working. It also comes with electronic speed settings, ranging from 16,000 to 35,000 RPM. Hence, you can set the speed depending on your requirement. The sturdy aluminium base is durable and helps to keep the machine stable. Besides, the router also supports finger holds for added stability.
Moreover, the accurate depth adjustment allows micro-adjustments and the quick clamps allow easy adjustment of the motor. Plus, the Colt has increased capacity for bits up to 1/6-inch in diameter, with a fixed base. The flexible bit change system allows quick, simple bit changes, making the Bosch Colt a very versatile tool to work with.
- It is best used for mortising door hinges, rounding over edges, and working on ripped pressure treated decking.
- The high impact plastic base allows for smooth working even on rough surfaces.
- It weighs around 3 lbs, so it is quite easy to handle.
3. Ryobi P601 Trim Router
You cannot go wrong with the Ryobi P601 Router. It comes with a fine-tune depth tool for better accuracy and the sturdy aluminium base helps maintain durability and stability. It comes with durable padded rubber grips for strong support. Plus, helps you maintain your workflow without putting too much strain on your wrists. The Ryobi P601 router is compatible with a variety of Ryobi battery ranges. Hence, looking for the right battery type will not be an issue.
Given that, the ergonomic design allows you to get along with your work without much hassle efficiently.
- It comes with LED lights which help you see your work even in low-light situations.
- The router has a firm rubber coating which helps you maintain tour grip throughout your work.
2. Dewalt Router
The Dewalt Trim Router has a strong voltage capacity of 11 amp and the 1.75 HP provides simple, accurate and straightforward woodworking. For fast start-ups and minimal recoil kicks, the Dewalt comes with an easy-start feature. It also comes with a smooth rack for more accurate outputs and adjustments. With two holding grips at the side, the body is slim and ergonomically designed to ensure smooth control and comfort while working on wood.
Furthermore, the cam locking systems for quick release enable better depth control and smooth installation. The electronic speed control also retains constant speeds. Plus, guarantees optimum efficiency and reduces the chance of failures.
- It comes with two LED lights on the base which provides a good line of sight while working.
- Durable aluminium base helps in maintaining the durability and prevents damage.
- It is a cordless router, so you do not have to worry about moving too far away from the power outlet for the router to disconnect.
1. Skil 10 Trim Router
The Skil 10 Trim Router comes with powerful capacity of 10 is, and the 2.0 HP provides robust and seamless work experience. The Skil 10 enables for an easy-start feature for smooth start-ups and minimum recoil kicks. It comes with a live tool indicator that lights up when connected to electrical output. As a result, you know when it is working, or when it isn’t, reducing the risk of potential damage.
As a matter of fact, the quick-release cam locks provide excellent depth control and easy mounting. The electronic speed control maintains consistent speeds even on heavy use, to give you a smooth and consistent finish.
- Comes with adjustable speed settings for different types of woodwork.
- It is a corded router with a long extension cord, so it does not require batteries or recharging.
- Have ergonomic holding grips on each side, which helps in reducing the effort needed to work.
Get your workshop ready and make it function in full swing. The trim router machine will help in achieving the desired goal without making a mess and you will be satisfied with the end result.