Baby skin is very sensitive and delicate. So, you need to nourish and moisturize the skin of your baby daily. However, it is never wise to apply the lotions for adults on the baby’s skin. It can obviously cause irritation and adverse effects on your baby. Thus, it is always best to opt for baby lotion. The lotions for babies are certainly made from the best quality products. So, they are completely safe and provide proper nourishment to your baby.
If you are wondering which lotion to choose, we can help. Down below, you will find the best baby lotion brands in the market that are tested and approved. So, no risks at all but only advantages.
- List of Best Baby Lotions in 2022 Review
- How is baby lotion different than usual lotions?
- What are the different types of packaging available for baby lotions?
- Why does the baby lotion need to be hypoallergenic?
- What ingredients should you look for to make sure the baby lotion is effective?
List of Best Baby Lotions in 2022 Review
10. Aveeno Baby Lotion
Of course, this lotion does much more than just moisture your baby’s skin. The product applies a special oatmeal formula in the composition. In case your baby has been having itchy skin, or of course, the skin has got irritated from being too dry for too long. As a matter of fact, the lotion puts your baby’s skin to comfort in no time.
The lotion makes use of lavender oil extracts as well. This oil is known to calm nerves, making your baby look forward to a good rest. By helping to maintain the natural barrier, it makes sure to keep the original skin soft just as how it should be.
- Also, the oatmeal used for the product is completely natural. And it restores the normal pH balance of the skin as well.
- The 18oz capacity is enough to keep them smooth for a long time.
- Besides, the product does not affect the natural skin of your baby.
9. Baby Dove Lotion
This product eliminates all that fuss about buying multiple products for your little one. This one lotion takes care of both body and face, so you can apply it anywhere on your baby’s delicate skin. This product has been designed with much care, so it can be safe even for sensitive skin types. Next, the lotion is devoid of any fragrance. Hence, the chances of any skin irritation are minimized as much as possible.
Besides, the lotion is also hypoallergenic. Therefore, you need not be wary of any allergic reactions to the lotion.
- You will be glad to know the bottles used are completely recycled, adding no extra junk to the environment.
- Promises to be effective for a long duration of 24 hours, so you do not have to keep applying coats on your baby.
- Since the solution is really gentle, the product can be used regularly without any issues.
8. Johnson’s Baby Lotion
When it comes to quality, Johnson’s goes out of their way to provide you with the best that is available out there. The product makes use of coconut oil for the lotion. Coconut oil is a component well known for its moisturizing and nourishing effect on the skin. Needless to say, your baby’s soft skin will be in for a treat with this product.
Furthermore, the product comes with a very handy press down mouth as well. This makes taking the lotion and using it much more convenient.
- This lotion can be used by babies and parents alike.
- Goes through both a dermatologist as well as a pediatrician test, making sure it is completely safe for your baby.
- The product does not make use of any parabens, or phthalates in the formula.
7. Babo Botanicals Baby Lotion
If you are looking for a more travel-friendly lotion, this product will be ideal for you. The package of the product has been intentionally made really compact. Interestingly, it can easily fit inside any diaper bag. Plus, it will not take much of the room when you are on the go. Although, the lotion still manages to have a good quantity inside the tiny space. It is capable of holding as much as 8oz inside the tube.
Moreover, the key ingredients in this lotion are all plant-based, and natural. So no toxic item can come in contact with your baby’s delicate skin. You can take relief in knowing that the product is totally cruelty-free, not having any tests on animals.
- If you still have apprehensions regarding the safety of the product, Babo Botanicals removes any such thoughts away with it’s EWG certification.
- Doesn’t generate any pungent fragrance that is a big no for a person with a sensitive nose.
- For the vegans out there, this product checks all the boxes for you as well.
6. Baby Magic Baby Lotion
If the lotion is too greasy, it often upsets little ones. Moreover, greasy lotions have a risk of getting consumed if your baby gnaws on their hand. To avoid all that trouble, this baby lotion makes sure to come up with a non-greasy formula. To further confirm that, the lotion also manages to get absorbed quickly. As a result, the item can amply hydrate your baby’s skin.
More than that, to avoid the use of any unnecessary harmful chemicals, the lotion is absolutely dye-free. So, no stains or allergies will irritate your child. The biggest benefit of this is that it will not feel greasy when someone applies it.
- Comes with the goodness of aloe, which will help to soothe any dry, and chapped skin on your baby.
- The lotion is dermatologically tested for its effectiveness and safety.
- With the benefit of lavender and chamomile, a good message before nap time will get your baby snoozing in no time.
5. CeraVe Baby Lotion
For those who are too concerned with their baby’s sensitive skin, this product will be a lifesaver. Ceramides, which can greatly benefit your baby’s skin, are present in this lotion in their three variants. Since an exclusive controlled release technology has been used for the same purpose, these ceramides help to rebuild your baby’s protective barrier. Hence, the skin can stay well moisturized for long hours.
Besides, you do not need to keep applying coat after coat for this lotion. Once a day keeps your baby’s skin nourished for a whole 24 hours.
- Since the composition is really lightweight, your baby will not feel any extra discomforting layer on their skin.
- Promises to be absorbed quickly so your baby’s mouth cannot come in direct contact with the formula.
- The lotion helps to make the skin smooth as well.
4. Cetaphil Baby Lotion
Easy application is essential when it comes to baby products. This baby lotion sports a pump system. Hence, you can conveniently control the amount of lotion without making a whole mess in a hurry. Not only that, the lotion contains organic calendula extract in its formula. This helps to soothe down any irritated skin with an almost immediate effect.
Also, you can count on the richness of Vitamin E available in this product. This helps to rejuvenate your baby’s skin to their original healthy state. Finally, it is hypoallergenic. So, you can apply it on any skin type without any fear of any adverse effects.
- No colorants or mineral oils can be found in this baby lotion, making it safe for use.
- It will keep your infants’ skin full of moisture for 24 hours.
- The sunflower seed oil helps to keep that plump skin feeling as soft as ever.
3. The Honest Company Baby Lotion
The Honest Company has created a long line of successful baby products. This lotion will surely hit the mark for you as well. If your baby has a highly sensitive olfactory sense, then you are in luck. The product has been thoughtfully made synthetic fragrance free. This also eliminates any unnecessary chemical use which might turn your baby’s skin red, or cause itching.
As an added plus, this product comes with the blessing of both aloe as well as calendula. Both work hard to soothe your baby’s dry skin, which tends to lose moisture much quicker than adults.
- One great feature is that you can apply it on both the face and body of your baby. Hence, making it an all-purpose item.
- Since the solution is non-greasy, the lightweight item does not create that slimy effect on your baby’s skin.
- To make sure the skin is well hydrated, the product has added shea butter to the formula.
2. Pipette Baby Lotion
If you tend to travel a lot, you should go for this product. The tube has been thoughtfully designed so it can fit into any small space when the tube is not in use. With a good quantity of 6 ounces, the baby lotion will be quite enough to last you for a trip and more. You will be pleased to know, this product works to make use of plant-derived items that are renewable. As a result, there are no counter effects on your baby or the environment.
If you are still not convinced, the product boasts an EWG certification to assure you. The item is dermatologically tested to make sure it does not harm your baby’s skin.
- The lotion promises to be 100% non-toxic banning as many as 2000 such items.
- This product does not make any tests on animals, making it cruelty-free.
1. Mustela Hydra Bébé Body Lotion
Get this product, and you will not be disappointed. The product has satisfied many and won the title of Amazon’s Choice for itself, proving it’s superior quality. The lotion bottle has a wise design. While the bottle is slim, so it can fit into places with a space crunch, it does not compromise on the pump.
The pump makes the product very user friendly and makes controlling the quantity a breeze. The lightweight formula takes no time to dissolve into your baby’s skin, and hydrate the same.
- The lotion promises to be so gentle as you can use it on newborns without any concerns.
- This baby lotion is proudly B Corp certified.
- Being hypoallergenic, any chances of allergic reactions are reduced as much as possible.
How is baby lotion different than usual lotions?
Baby skin is really different from adult skin. Evidently, then lotion needs to be different too to cater to their specific needs. The baby’s skin is much thinner and therefore sensitive. Their skin cannot tolerate many of the harsh chemicals and synthetic additions that might be present in the usual lotions adults use. Besides, baby skin tends to get dryer much quicker than adults, losing moisture by the minute. Therefore, their lotions need to be equipped to amply hydrate and nourish them, so the skin does not get all chafed, and red and irritated. Moreover, on top of being dermatologically tested, baby lotions are usually pediatrician tested as well, to make sure they can be used on any baby’s skin without any issues.
What are the different types of packaging available for baby lotions?
If you are looking for one which will be travel friendly, you can opt for one which comes in a tube. Tubes are usually slim and can be easily put inside diaper bags, without having them take a considerable portion of the bag. Besides, since they have a flip-top cap, using lotions outdoors is much more convenient with the tubes. Although, the tubes contain much lesser quantity, so if you are looking for a lotion to last you for a good while without being unnecessarily wasteful, a tube will not quite cut the deal.
For such cases, getting a bottle with a press down cap is much better. While the bottle holds a considerable portion, the press down system makes it much easier to control the volume when you are taking the lotion out.
Why does the baby lotion need to be hypoallergenic?
Since you hardly get to figure out about the composition of your little one’s skin, you cannot afford to take any chances. Hence, ticking the hypoallergenic category when considering a baby lotion is a must stop. The hypoallergenic feature makes sure that the lotion is free from most common allergens, and reduces as much as possible any chances of any irritation, or reaction that might occur on applying the lotion.
What ingredients should you look for to make sure the baby lotion is effective?
Nourishing and hydrating your baby’s skin is the first essential need when the baby lotion is concerned. To make sure of that, you have to look for something like Shea butter, Vitamin E oil, or coconut oil in the lotion. All of these items will moisture and help to rejuvenate your baby’s skin, so that the delicate skin is soft and supple at all times, baby lotions usually giving a good coating for 24 hours.
Also, when the skin has already dried up to some extent, it might be painful for your baby to deal with all that itchiness and redness. In order to take care of that, some aloe, calendula, or lavender will be great. These help to soothe your baby’s skin instantaneously.
Rub the lotion evenly throughout the body and let your baby gain all the baby lotion benefits for the skin. Their skin will remain soft and supple always.