Having a high-quality acrylic paint set can be useful in a variety of situations. No matter you are a DIY user or using paints professionally, investing in the best acrylic paint set is the right option to do. However, the immense choice in the market has made things daunting for an average buyer who has to face lots of problems during shopping. There are only not a massive number of brands available in the market, but their lucrative descriptions can confuse anyone in a matter of minutes.
If you are going through the same path, then this post is all you need to read comfortably with a calm peace of mind. We are going to give all the essential information that will help in selecting the right unit for sure. Have a look at the list of top 10 best acrylic paint sets available to shop in 2020. Our expert team has created it after extended research that has lasted more than 70 hours. Now, it’s time to check these models without any further delay and wait.
- Best Acrylic Paint Sets A Complete Guide:
- 10. US Art Supply Professional Acrylic Paint Set
- 9. Arteza Acrylic Paint
- 8. Chroma Atelier Interactive Tube
- 7. Matisse Structure Tubes Set (best for high viscosity)
- 6. Daler-Rowney FW Acrylic Artists Ink (best for background painting)
- 5. My Art Scape Acrylic Paint Set (best budget-friendly pick)
- 4. Golden Open Acrylic Modern Theory (best for oil painters)
- 3. Winsor & Newton Artists Acrylic (best for beginners)
- 2. Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint Set (runners up)
- 1. Winsor & Newton 2190517 Galeria Acrylic Paint (editor’s choice)
- How to select the best acrylic paint set?
Best Acrylic Paint Sets A Complete Guide:
10. US Art Supply Professional Acrylic Paint Set
The tenth position is accommodated by this professionally designed acrylic paint set that equipped with 80 different 3.68 ml color bottles. Having such an immense color selection make sure you have enough choice when it comes to creativity.
All these colors are entirely safe to use as there is no toxic material used by the company in this water-based colors. It is backed by a 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee for better peace of mind.
- Immense collection of colors
- Available at a very less price
- Create stunning & vivid masterpieces
- Very convenient to use
- Too much color options can confuse the mind
9. Arteza Acrylic Paint
This brilliantly designed acrylic paint from the Arteza brand is perfect for all types of people that range from hobbyists to kids who just entered the creative world. It is available in many different sizes that range from 10 to even more than 60 making sure everyone gets one according to their needs. It has rich and vivid pigments that are made without using toxic material.
The company delivers this unit in a packed box making sure you can easily organize them adequately. Overall, it is a wonderful paint set that will boost up your imagination.
- Equipped with vivid and rich pigments
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Delivered with a 100% money-back guarantee
- Made without toxic material
- A little bit expensive to buy
8. Chroma Atelier Interactive Tube
The eighth position in the list is this Chroma Interactive paint set that has creamy and impasto colors. You can use this color on many different types of surfaces like canvas board, paper, linen, and many more. The experienced artists will love the performance of this color set for sure.
These buttery & creamy colors give a pretty satin finish that will boost the creativity levels. Additionally, the constructability and versatility of this unit are quite good.
- Tremendous drying time
- Highly versatile performance
- Completely satin finish
- Give consistent performance
- Low quantity might be an issue
7. Matisse Structure Tubes Set (best for high viscosity)
If you are looking for a tube set with a solid viscosity, then buying these tubes set to make sense for sure. It equipped with heavy body acrylic paints that pigmented by manufactured without any use of masking agents. This professional-grade set is excellent for thick and textured applications.
You can apply the paint in these tubes using a brush or palette knife without any trouble. Also, the colors of these paints are quite rich and creamy enough to create creative designs.
- Top-grade paint quality
- Made from professional-grade material
- Amazing viscosity
- Matches professional standards
- Slightly chunky
6. Daler-Rowney FW Acrylic Artists Ink (best for background painting)
The next model is manufactured from the Daler-Rowney brand that works perfectly for background painting. It is pretty cheaper when compared to other reputed brands available in the market. This easy to use acrylic paint set covers a pretty larger area and equipped with many darker colors.
It is one of the most well-known sets that are compatible with technical pens and airbrushes without any problem. Investing in this unit doesn’t create clogging at all.
- Give permanent display
- Provide full resistance against water
- Compatible with technical pens and airbrushes
- Covers a very larger area
- Little bit buttery consistency
5. My Art Scape Acrylic Paint Set (best budget-friendly pick)
This product won’t be less than a blessing for people who have a limited budget. It is an extraordinary set of paints having 12 non-toxic professional quality tubes of 12 ml. Despite having such amazing color choices, you won’t have to spend chunks of money on shopping this unit.
It equipped with long-lasting colors having a higher pigmentation level that you can find in the market. This high-class product is delivered by the company with a one-year replacement guarantee. It is a wonderful example of blendable and long-lasting colors for having creative results.
- Create awesomely vivid paintings
- Sold at a very genuine price
- Long-lasting ability
- Blended quite quickly
- Tube sizing is very small
4. Golden Open Acrylic Modern Theory (best for oil painters)
The Golden Open brand is one of the most reputed names in the painting world as they have created something for everyone. The product placed at the fourth position is made for oil painters due to its favorable abilities. Unlike others, it works on the traditional palette for extended times making sure there is no requirement of a moisture-retaining palette.
It is one of the best acrylic paint sets that are compatible with water as a medium for cleaning brushes. There are eight 30 ml tubes included in this package for making sure you can create lots of creative designs.
- Doesn’t need a moisture-retaining palette
- Delivered with all the fundamentals
- Provide a pretty blending time
- Include many beautiful colors
- Doesn’t come with direction manual
3. Winsor & Newton Artists Acrylic (best for beginners)
Winsor & Newton brand has launched this unit by keeping beginners in mind. You will see it offer a beautiful satin finish that is mostly demanded by artists in this category. If you are one of them, then this option is the right product to buy thanks to all the worthy features present in it.
There are eight 20 ml tubes delivered in this package along with a 60 ml white titanium tube and a 60 ml gloss finish tube for boosting the creativity level. Besides that, the company also delivers around long-handled, and a flat long-handled brush in this package to the customers.
- Provide a good range for trying experiments
- Made using the latest resin technology
- Produces very brilliant colors
- Give incredible pigmentation levels
- 20 ml tubes might not be enough for everyone
- Brushes quality isn’t up to the mark
2. Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint Set (runners up)
The next one is the Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint Set that has a pretty solid tinting strength along with giving the flexibility to try creativeness on different surfaces. There are very few sets that are better in terms of mixing, shading, and tinting than this one. Apart from that, you won’t face difficulty while using it for spraying and brushing thanks to impressive versatility.
It includes ten excellent shades that are perfect for people who want to create something new. Additionally, there is a pretty incredible color pigment level & coverage offered to the users on a variety of surfaces. Even a novice won’t face any problem while using and controlling this paint set.
- Give a solid coverage
- Perfect for mixing
- Paints made from durable material
- Versatile functioning
- Minor complaints about missing colors
- Little bit thin viscosity
1. Winsor & Newton 2190517 Galeria Acrylic Paint (editor’s choice)
This one is a perfect option in terms of right proportion and pigmentation levels among the acrylic paints. It falls between the professional and beginner category allowing anyone to shop the set if it matches their needs. Investing money in this unit will enable you to have vibrant results for sure.
You can use these colors on a variety of surfaces without causing any trouble. Furthermore, the users can apply it directly from the tube that adds extra convenience. That’s not all; it offers a pretty solid brush stroke retention that very few units can offer.
- Provide smoother and clean coloring
- Equipped with a top-level pigment strength
- Available at a good price
- Retain colors on the brush for a long time
- Many colors delivered in limited sizes
- Few complaints about texture, but numbers aren’t satisfying to consider
How to select the best acrylic paint set?
There is a great sort of thing needed to consider while buying an acrylic paint set that is available at many different price ranges. Many people worried that they won’t be able to make the right purchase as the majority of them don’t know about these factors. We are pretty assured that you are one of them and worrying the same. Our team has created a list of those factors in detail below:
An essential aspect to check in the acrylic paint set is its grade. The two major grades of these sets are student and artist. If you are one of those people who paint casually, then a student grade set is the right choice to make. On the other hand, the artist grade paint set came with high pigment concentration and considered a perfect option for professionals. Decide the grade according to your skill level.
The next thing that should be examined carefully is the vibrancy or brightness level of the colors. They are differentiated according to the pigment source and purity levels along with the concentration level. If you follow the typical approach, then go for the paints with a high concentration of pigment as it always offers better results.
The third important thing to keep in mind while shopping for an acrylic paint set is the budget. Many people believe that only costly units are the right ones to buy, but there is no reality in this thing. It all depends on the concentration and pigmentation level. Please don’t put immense pressure on your pocket as you can easily find a good model in all types of price ranges.
Another thing that should take into consideration at every cost while shopping for an acrylic paint set is the viscosity. For those who don’t know, it is the thickness of paint that varies from one profession to another. If you need oil paint type flow, then invest in the heavy body acrylics. On the other hand, the users who want to perform staining or airbrushing should think about using fluid acrylics.
An acrylic paint set is a very amazing tool that you can use for boosting your creativity to a different level. They can be used for a variety of projects and works perfectly on wood, paper, canvas, and many more. However, it is important to test the versatility and flexibility before deciding the final model.
To make your decision easier, we have presented the list of best acrylic paint sets from which you can use according to the requirement. We believe that you already have one out of them and begin thinking about crafting creative things. If you still have a query regarding this set, then please write about it in the comment section for getting it answered.